Saturday, February 2, 2008

Soothing the Alligator







Well, it Is still winter isn't it? Thought I'd better get this post done before it's suddenly Spring!! A week or more ago, I'd just HAD it with my body lotion!!! Sick of it and the routine you have to go through to get that gorgeous, sublime, smoothe, silky feel on your skin...key word here people...on. Tired of the slippery creams, lotions, rubs...you name it, I've tried it. I literally stopped wearing shorts in the Summer because of the dryness. WELL....last week, I'd had enough of this silliness...the ads on the TV that show the alligator, with the nubile lovely (probably about 16yrs of age) waving her hand around in the air saying good bye to the alligator...Humph....Well Missy...Two can play that game!! LOL... Research I say!!! So I did. Know what I found out? I wasn't getting enough Fatty Acid!! SO Darn Simple!!! Didn't cost me thousands of dollars....nor did I have to sign over my last born....(now there's a thought..)LOL
So...you ask.."What modern marvel did you find, Donna"?...Omega3.....yes people, Omega...flipping...3. I took one 1200mg a day. Within three days, the flakeyness and dryness on my legs, arms and hands had disappeared. One week after starting the fish oil, it's all gone...smooth skin. For the last two flipping years I have complained to my physician, Dr. HellifIknow. Continue to take your vitamins and try more oatmeal bathes.....he'd say. Well...now I Do know. Geez, wait until I see him at next check-up...Here's a link to some of the research I found.
For Every Disease, There's a Cause!!! Research it. So why didn't HE??? They do not care. But you know what? That's OK. This was my lesson to learn and learn it, I did. I've seen too much, heard too much, to totally trust any of the "professionals". I Am one...LOL
So, thanks for listening to my little venting session this afternoon (wipeing tear from cheek). I do think the only thing that will help me after such an outburst would be a nice cuppa coffee...and perhaps another slice of homemade wheat bread Hubby just made..sniff, sniff...LOL...or a delicious oat bran muffin. Oh my, I do believe I'm already feeling So much better!!! LOL Y'all have a fun, warm and happy night!

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Most days I could write my name on my skin, and have, you can even read it. Gonna go right now and dig out that bottle of fish oil caps that are buried up in the cabinet somewhere.

Thank you for the info Miz Donna!

Donna said...

Brenda- I swear they work!! 1200mg a day. I now take ir religiously every day at around noon. Let me know how it works for you! Something SO Da** simple...geez...

Donna said...

PS Brenda- I went back and put a link in my post if you want to do more reading!!

Sally said...

You don't smell like sardines, do ya? :)

My mom once had a severe case of psoriasis, (on her feet, hands, head; it was awfu) - nothing,nada worked. Finally, she found a dermatologist who put her on mega doses of vitamin E which is also found in the Omega 3. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm at my daughter's this weekend. I think I'll just keep your music playing the rest of the day. It's SO pretty!!

Donna said...

LOLOLSALLY- Geez...Halibutt..!!! Get it right Girlie!! LOL
I think I smell...so pretty..LOL
Glad you like the music!!! Have fun at at your Babys house sweetie!

Annie Jones said...

I've been told several times that doctors get only the most rudimentary training in nutrition and just don't know some of these things.

Not to mention that the prescription companies and big-name cosmetic companies don't make any money when you buy vitamins instead of their high-dollar products.

Donna said...

Annie- You heard Right! But!!! The difference in being a good Doctor or an Excellent one?..Research...reading...learning...curiosity! I never wanted to be a good nurse...I wanted to be an excellent one! I wanted you (the patient) to know that when I walked in your room, you could feel safe. It still makes me sad to see some nurses, just not care.
Have a fun night girlfriend and stay Warm!!! hughug

Anvilcloud said...

Sounds kinda fishy to me.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Well i am going to have to try this as i have had some problems with my skin since on this medicine i am taking.Let ya know how it goes.

Crystal said...

What up wit tha spell cheker???LOL!!! youryouryour...ROFLMAO!!!

Donna said...

AC- Smarty britches!! LOL And see there? I can stay up later than you can!! Have a good sleep!


Lilli- Your skin will let you know if it's working...still a little dry? Up the dosage from 1200 to about 1400mgs. Your skin will tell you when you're taking enough.


Crystal- Another heckler..LOL..geez, I'm off to bed...Get To Bed!

jenn said...

I need to try this. My skin has been horrible lately. Even the bath and body works lotion I splurged on isn't helping.

Have a great sunday!

Donna said...

Jenn- It has worked WONDERS for my skin...great for the heart to..hughug

Sea Angels said...

Goodness Donna I am the same I have got really dry skin, which I soak in oil, I have obviously been applying the oil in the WRONG place, I shall be munching supplements from now on, thanks for the tip, you sweety. Silky skin here I come.....
Hugs for a smashing week
Lynn xx

Donna said...

Lynn- No problem sweetie! If only I had done my "research" earlier...oh well, if I had, I probably wouldn't have had a blog to tell people about it! lolol
Have a wonderful week love!

Betts4 said...

I can beat anyone with my dry skin. I don't wear shorts in summer either.
When I was a kid (you know in my 20's) my mom told me crack the vitamin E tablet open and rub it on my skin.
Lotion is too much work so I haven't used it in years.
I will try the omega 3 and see what happens!

Donna said...

Betts- That's right! Not ON the skin, but Within!! Hard lesson for a lot of us to learn!! Have a wonderful and happy night!!