Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm Done and The Bishops Wife






Yes I Am!!! I'm finished with the shopping! All of it! Snacks, treats, mailed Christmas cards Friday...except for several that I need the addresses for....AhHemmmm....lol. Oh, and did I say everything is WRAPPED?.....Oh my word. The stress has lifted and the fun can commence! I originally set my goal for December 1st, but as you well know, I didn't make it. Well, a week later's good...at least I won't begin now and pray I finish by Christmas. Joy, Joy, Joy!!!
And is any of it charged? NO NO NO!!!! lol I always start adding to my Christmas account at the credit union every Friday. That's ALL it's for. I've done that for years. NO Stress!!!
Went to town this morning, came home, wrapped the last of the goodies and made reindeer cookies for little William. Yesterday while in town (walmart) getting the stocking stuffer items, I found a great little toy that makes espresso or cappuccino. It's a Mr Coffee. Price? $29.95!!! And you know what? It taste better than the stuff you get at Starbucks!!! Foam? Lasted till the last drop of coffee. Hubby and I had talked about getting a big Capresso Ultima. Does it all. Coffee..Espresso and Cappuccino. WHAT??? $999.00.....listen people...We are financially able to buy it....Is it a dumb purchase? You bet it is. Mr Coffee made us happy.
I'll now leave you with another wonderful old Christmas movie, The Bishops Wife starring Cary Grant, David Niven and Loretta Young.
Well, guess I'll run in the kitchen and make Mr. Coffee do his thang...Yall have a happy evening and I'll see 'ya tomorrow.


13 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Oh How I love the Bishops Wife! You are so far ahead of me. I have a cookie swap next week and I have 12 dozen to make! Tomorrow promises to be a marathon day - enlisting DD since she is swapping too. Hmm, perhaps even my sis. I was gonna make some real fancy ones but I am good at changing my mind. Come over and help me ! I will share my coffee and cookies with you.
Blondie

Donna said...

Blondie- OhMyGoodness Girl! Doing those are so much fun. And I imagine whatever kind of cookie you make, it'll be Very tasty indeed! Just got through watching The Bishop's Wife..Love it to. Now it's on to another version of Scrooge with George C. Scott. They're all fun!! Love those chains!!! LOL
PS-The Bluebird arrived Friday!!! My poor mailman must really "think me nuts!" (You would to if you saw a frazzled haired old bag running at you with a grin on her face!!!) LOL
Have fun tomorrow!!! hug

Donna said...

PS-Blondie....I'm on the phone right now instructing the pilot of my Lear jet to have me there in time for coffee and cookies...hold on a minute.......I can't really understand what he just said...something like.."stuffed" and I'm suppose to "go get it?"....
Oh well, I guess you'll have to carry on without me!!! LOL I shall miss it!! Thanks for the invite though!!

Sally said...

Yea, you're all ready for Christmas. Good for you! I finished the shopping today, and put the tree up yesterday! I still have to wrap, but then Yea for me too!!

Your mantle and tree look so beautiful!!

Oh, and Bill Murray (post below), he and his brothers own a restaurant here (and one in Myrtle Beach SC); anyway, that's where my granddaughter works - the Caddyshack. And, that's why we had Thanksgiving on Monday before, 'cause she and my daughter volunteered at CS on Thanksgiving day. Okay, I'll be quiet now. :)

Sally

Annie Jones said...

We have one of those Senseo one-cup-at-a-time coffee makers. We even have the refillable pods. Wouldn't trade it for the most expensive coffee maker in the world. We love it.

Glad you have everything done. Time to just sit back and enjoy!

Donna said...

Sally- How Neat for your grandbaby!!! I've always loved Murray's dry sense of humor! Sounds like your just about finished as well. HooRay!! I think we all need a warm beach, and a Bahama Mama to go along with it!! LOL Have a great Sunday girl!!


Annie- I've heard several people talk about the Senseo. They all said they loved theirs. The Mr Coffee was just too good to resist, so I got one. I'm not sorry...does a great job for hardly any money! Hope your Sunday is a fun one sweetie!!

Blue Mermaid Cafe..... said...

Donna, I am impressed!! xoxo Nita

Donna said...

Nita- Trust me...I am to!!lol Have a loving day Miss Nita!

Anvilcloud said...

Now you get to relax and enjoy!

jenn said...

I'm jealous! I still have so much to get, and do, that I don't think I'm gonna make it! Do you suppose santa could leave some IOU's this year?

Donna said...

Anvilcloud- Absolutely! Headed for the Mr Coffee machine as we speak!! lol Stay Warm up there!!


Jenn- Unless "there be high winds", get out there!! You'll be so glad you threw yourself into it! IOU's....indeed...Are you sure you're not my child?? lol lol
Happy day sweetie!

cherbear said...

WOW WHAT A LOVELY TREE VERY NICE

Donna said...

Cherbear- Thank You!! Please stop by again soon!