Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Waiting Game


Well, today we play the waiting game...every thing's done. Went outside to take a few snaps of what the weather's doing here. Not much...thank heavens. Leaves, leaves everywhere. Yellow mums trying to last till the first freeze and sunlight through red oak leaves. Blue skies. It's not snow but I bet we could pile those leaves up high enough to have a fun time bouncing!! lol Hubby just got through making Chicken Soup...you have a choice of rice or noodles. Yummy!!!! I always go for the rice.

Crystal and Sami went to the beauty shop this morning. Got their locks colored and cut. (Crystal ONLY got the coloring!!!) Not having Sami old before her time! She can start dating at 40 and if she's real good, she can wear lipstick at 41....WHAT???!!!! That's fair!!

Sam's much better today as well. No fever. Just a bit stopped up. Sir William opted to stay at the house while the girls did their thing...Don't blame him!








Well, guess I'll close for today. Hope you all are getting it all done! Have a fun day!

8 comments:

Sally said...

We can always count on you for a big smile! The girls are lovely, and I'm glad Sami's feeling better.

My daughter came by a little while ago just as I was taking another batch of Pine Near Woman's bacon things out of the oven. She said "Oh my gosh, are ya tryin' to kill me?" They are soooo good!! :)

Rosie said...

What great pics just look at those wonderful colours on that tree.

Ahh poor Sami feeling ill but gald to hear she's feeling much better now :)

Rosie x

Donna said...

Sally- Those bacon "things" are singing my tune!!! LOL Gads, I bet they taste wonderful!! Hooray for your daughter FORCING herself to eat them!!!LOLLOL...


Rosie- Thanks Girl! Sams doing lots better...gotta be ready for Santa now!!! LOL

Brenda said...

We've had our freezes, then it warms up again, then freezes, warms,,,I don't even dress anymore until I've seen the weather forecast.

I've got more wrapping to do, cornbread to bake tomorrow to wrap up and put away to make my Christmas dressing, and a couple of pumpkin pies to bake, then I'll be done until time to cook Christmas dinner.

Phyllis said...

You have a very Merry Christmas!!

Sea Angels said...

Do you know Donna, visiting your blog is like stepping into a dream, it is always so very beautiful, and magical, just what I need to start my day.
Your daughters are so very pretty, it's funny but we never really see them as grown up do we, when I talk about my Kate people think she is still a little girl, not a grow up one. Such blessings such joy.
Hugs Lynn

Jules said...

Hi Dear
Just popped over to wish you and yours a great Christmas. Your photos won't download so I can't see all your daughters. Will try again another time.

Many thanks for all yur support and frinedship.
Cheers
Jules

Donna said...

Brenda- Just as long as y'all don't get sick...CRAZY weather!!!
Christmas dinner sounds SO good! You don't over-do-it!!! Merry Christmas sweetheart!!

Phyllis-From all of us, we wish you, your brother Mike and Miz Mary Lou all the love and happiness the Christmas season can bring! Our hearts, hopes and prayers are with you constantly. Much love sweetie!

Lynn- Thank you Lynn! What a compliment! Especially when someone thinks Sami is my daughter! LOL She's my Grandaughter. Crystal is my only daughter. Her two children are Sami(12) and William (8). They live with Hubby and myself after a nasty divorce. I probably should explain things better but you know how it is when you start typing on your blog...you think everyone out there knows your history! lol Forgive me for not making things more plain!!! Your blog is also beautiful. Thank you for letting me know my blog is "eye pleasing". We all worry about that! Merry Christmas!

Jules- Hey Sweetie! Hope you're staying safe down in the wilds of NewGuinea!! Get that house sound proofed! lol Your Christmas tree is lovely!!! Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas!!