Friday, August 31, 2007

Have you ever seen one?


Have you ever seen a UFO? Thought I did once. Seemed to be a star one moment then it would move to the right, down a bit then up and disappeared. UFO? Don't know. Do I wish it had been? Sure. Do I believe there's more to our universe than just us? Oh yes. When hubby said, "Where do you want to go on vacation if we can get away?", "Roswell," was my reply. We had planned to go out to Albuquerque, New Mexico, for the balloon festival but my nephew had a health crisis and we didn't go. Roswell's not that far away so I think it would have been fun. Hubby "believes" to. Like I've heard so many times in my life, "Why would God have made this whole universe with only us in it?" Seems like a fair question to me. Roswell has a small museum that I'd like to go through. Oh well, some day maybe. Any experiences out there? Well, guess I'll close on that note. Y'all have a great evening and a better tomorrow.

3 comments:

RobC said...

I believe the opposite, God made the Universe for us to know that He is in controll.
When one looks at what is needed to have life as we know it on earth the odds of other intelligence life seems to be very remote. I do believe there may be other forms of life though.
But as a Christian I cannot see why we should not be alone, the whole bible tells us why we were created and why Jesus had to redeem us. There is no room in Heaven for another redeemed species. :-)

Mary Lou said...

Oh Yes, THere HAS to be other forms of life out there, I think it is very pompous of us to think that in all of this vast space we are the only living beings. Now where and in what form the intelligent life is.....

I lived in Nevada for 2.5 years and on moonless nights it gets really really DARK, but sometimes out on the desert "something" blocks the starlight in places, and moves across the skies!!

do-do-DO-do-do-do-DO-do!

RobC said...

One day I will know... and it will all be explained to me... That is going to be one long Q&A session mark my words. :-)