Sunday, January 6, 2008

Muffins and Bread,Oh My...


Well Hubby has been a busy beaver this morning...Chocolate Chip (lo-carb) Muffins!! Oh My Goodness...Well, a girl has got to have Something to snack on in between those wonderful meals, besides cheese sticks! I'll let 'cha know how they go with a hot cuppa coffee! lol
ALSO...doesn't that loaf of Asiago Cheese bread look delicious??? Yes?...Well it did look wonderful when I first bought it. Think back several months, Thanksgiving, holiday cheer etc....I brought it and a few others home, put them down on the counter and went about the daily task of getting on with life. We ate another loaf that I'd purchased at the same time so I put the Asiago loaf in the freezer. Thanksgiving came along and I took it out of said freezer and put it out on the counter to thaw...A week later, some how, it went missing and I ended up finding it under a jacket on the computer desk counter, in the kitchen. It must have been there for at least a week! Well, I picked it up, looked it over and wondered why there wasn't any mold on it! There should have been some, somewhere! Fresh bread? No mold? No way! So, from that point on, this loaf has been under scrutiny....lots of it! I've put it under the kitchen sink, under the kitchen cabinet, in the upper kitchen cabinet....nothing! It's got to be at least two and a half months out of the freezer....just sitting there staring at me!!!! I feel like Herr Frankenstein..."It's Alive..It's Alive".....Geez people, can you believe what we EAT??? What kind of magic preservative is in this baby??? Rest assured, I'll be watching it for Any signs of Anything....Maybe I can send it on world tour.....Have a safe, happy and smiling kind of day!

19 comments:

Annie Jones said...

That bread scares me! :)

My mom likes that Pillsbury store bought bread because she's says that even after a week or so, the last slices are as soft and fresh as the first slices. I've tried to tell her that's just not a good thing, but she doesn't get it. LOL!

Donna said...

Annie- Can you believe it? How scary is that!!! Once stuff like that is in your body, you Don't get rid of it!! I get it...wish more people did...have a HAPPY evening girl! LOL

Misty DawnS said...

That's so freaky bread! LOL

Could you send me some of those muffins? They sure look yummy!

dabrah said...

I had some hot dog rolls that I kept for more than a month once, and they were as fresh as the day I bought them, I threw them away and never bought any more of those. It truly is scary what food manufacturers sometimes put in our food.

Donna said...

Misty Dawn- Isn't it freaky??? Imagine that in your body!!!
Yes, the muffins (freshly made, I might add!!) are wonderful. Hubby served them with whipped cream on top!! Have a safe night and come back!!


Dabrah- It seems to be in almost everything! Handmade Italian bread at HEB Food stores is still the only fresh bread I'll buy. Even Mrs Bairds is now under My suspicion! LOL Have a happy night girl!

jenn said...

Bread that doesn't mold? That's some scary stuff right there!

Those muffins look delicious! Low carb you say? Is it a stella recipe? I tried looking up a cookbook at the library, but couldn't find any. If you would be so sweet, and I just know you will, let me know a title to one of his cookbooks so I can check one out!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Donna said...

Jenn- Look in the post I did on Jan 2, read down until you see the George Stella link. Click on his name and it will carry you to his website. Explore it..his story, books...all of it! Enjoy sweetie!

Sea Angels said...

Hi Donna....you can send me some muffins, scrummy, but you can have all of the bread...if the mold does't want it neither do I ha ha. Although I wonder if I ate it would those magical preserving powers work on my face mmmm now that is worth considering.
Hugs
Lynn

Donna said...

Lynn- Geez girl! It's a wonder we're not all walking-zombies, with all the junk we have inside us!!! Muffins were really good! Take care and have a fun evening. hughug

Faery said...

Hey Donna I found this site http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html. it is sooo cool specialy for us the people on low carb diets, well i am on low carb, sodium and fat diet ha ha ha. Of course the italian bread is fresh and delicious it is one of the bests in the world. :)

Donna said...

Faery- Thanks Girl! I'll go check it out! LOVE Italian bread! Hope you're doing well!!! hug

Phyllis said...

All my bread turns green at my house. I wish they would sell half loafs of my favorite bread.
Send that loaf my way, I'm sure it will turn green right away!

Donna said...

Phyllis- I'm doing Everything I know to make it Turn green, but it will not co-operate with me!!! LOL Hope you're having a restful night girl!!! Much love coming at 'cha!

Jules said...

Yikes!!! Maybe it is like that fruit in the fruit bowls that always looks fresh - it is made of plastic!!!!

Good to be back on line and to catch up with your fun posts!!! LOL

Donna said...

Jules- Have been worried about you and all that wind and rain! Hope you're safe and sound where you are! I'm still watching that loaf of bread...incredible! Much love to you!!!!

Brenda said...

Reckon it was planted by aliens? :-)

Donna said...

Miss Brenda- I hadn't thought of that BUT, I know where I'd like to "plant" it!! I guess if they make the poison, we buy it, hook line and sinker...Have a happy day sweetie!!

Rosie said...

Hahahaha oh my I have fits of laughter here reading about your bread it must be alive!! It should have turned green by now surely?!?!
I'll call it Frankenstein bread :D

Those muffins look yummy care to share one????

Rosie x

Donna said...

Rosie- That bread loaf IS scarey!! There STILL is No mold...anywhere! I'll keep watching it!! LOL Have a good one girl!