Sunday, January 13, 2008

Parenthood and Karma






















This is what we woke up to this morning...LOL...Sami (granbaby) had her girlfriend over to spend the night, last night...No problem. We went through this kind of thing with our kids. I especially remember Crystal having a few admirers when she was a high school cheerleader. We went through the wrapped trees as well. Here in the USA, if the kids at school like you and want to cause a little mischief, your front yard will fall victim to this type of thing. Needless to say, this is Crystals first experience with what's ahead of her as a parent. Sami will be 13 on her birthday in February. A very special year, indeed. Hubby and I had some fun with Crys when she first got up this morning...Daddy says, "Good Morning!!! Boy, it's gonna be a wonderful day today"!!!....Crystal perks up her ears and replies..."What's up with you two"???LOL...Hubby and I kept at it until she was thoroughly, shall I say, disgruntled? We kept trying to talk to her in the living room so she'd look out the living room window and see all the paper flying in the wind, but it didn't work! Finally she glances over and sees it...LOL...Ahhh, the joy of it! Karma.....But when she looks out the front door and sees Her car wrapped with cellophane...she became almost...primal...imagine that! LOL
So, life goes on, children grow up....I can't seem to find the brakes to stop it from happening. All I can say is, grab 'em, love 'em and hug 'em for as long as you can. It's all over sooner than you think...So, what did you wake up to this morning??

13 comments:

jenn said...

That is too funny. I have never been on the receiving end. I MIGHT have been on the giving end once or twice!

Seems like the fun is just beginning...

Donna said...

Jenn- Oh Yeah!! Well let me tell you, payback comes at 'cha really fast!! They're grown TOO soon! Have a fun day today sweet!

Rosie said...

LOL what goes around comes around!! Time seems to fly from having a baby to an adult!!

Hugs Rosie x

Rosie said...

LOL what goes around comes around!! Time seems to fly from having a baby to an adult!!

Hugs Rosie x

Donna said...

Rosie- You said it girl!! LOL Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Dawn said...

My brothers and myself were on the receiving end many of times. At first my Dad was furious but after so many times, he lightened up. LOL

Have a good evening !

Jules said...

Hi Dear - never heard of this before - we used to short-sheet beds!!!

I woke up this morning and hugged my girls - have been doing it more than usual this week after a shocking car accident at home that took 4 young lives. The girl that was driving worked for my sister and was 17. They were heading to a party, missed the turn and turned around into the path of a semitrailer. The car stalled - one of the boys pushed the girl out and tried to restart the car but it was too late - they were all killed Horrific - has torn the town apart!!!

Your words are so true!!!

Donna said...

Jules- OhMyDearGod....I'm SO truly sorry sweetheart...I'm absolutely speechless...am sending love and light and healing that way...love those babies as much as you can...hughug

Brenda said...

I woke up to what I thought would be a peaceful, restful day.

I was wrong.

If I'd woken up to toilet papered trees and a cellophane wrapped truck, I'd have sobbed my eyes out. :-)

Donna said...

Brenda- I just came from your place...LOLOLOL Good Lord Girl...all I can say is..YOU ARE SOME KINDA WOMAN!!!! You need a hughughug!

Crystal said...

Harhar....

Sally said...

Oh WOW, a valentines reminder. Does this mean we can start talkin' about "you know" or not? hahaha

Donna said...

Crystal- ....dehar..


Sally- Alright...BUT, just this once...LOL