Monday, January 14, 2008

Practicing the Zoomy Thingy











I went around the yard yesterday practicing with my zoom feature on the Canon RebelXT yesterday...Hummmmm. As you can tell, there's not much happening in the way of interesting subjects to photograph around the back yard. Now if only I could remember the settings I used, I'd have one quarter of the battle won. This camera stuff is really...perplexing? I guess I need an assistant to go around behind me so I can call out each setting as I take a picture!! LOL...No?? Maybe I will enlist one of the kids this evening...which one??? lol
Didn't do much of anything yesterday but play on the computer. Yes, it's safe and sound at home. Dr C. Geek turned it loose Friday afternoon...again..Hummmmmm. I can't really tell that he did much of anything except correct the settings for an email file. Technicians that can work on Vista problems are far and few between! They just don't know the system enough yet to really be of service. I got it home and worked on it almost all of Sunday afternoon and fixed a bunch of stuff I was unhappy about. SO, if you have Vista...start learning your product!!
Well, it's almost time to go out and meet the Babies bus. Y'all have a restful and happy evening!
PS- See the new Weber Pit? Hubby now has...let me see...Six?? LOL

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Donna,

You did a pretty good job with that camera. I wish I could help but I'm still trying to figure mine out. LOL But I really would love to be good at taking photos. Have a great week!

Sally said...

I don't even know what kind of camera I have! It does zoom, though, and takes videos. I have no idea how thatworks!! :)

If anyone had told me even 4-5 years ago, I could take pictures and post them on the ninnernet, I'd a laughed at 'em. You're doing good, keep it up!! :)

Donna said...

Joan- You and me both! LOL There's SO much to it! I don't think I'll Ever learn it all...Someday. Have a great night!

Donna said...

Sally- Girl! We must be on at the same time!! LOL I'll second that ninnernet...Only wish a bumblebee would land on a non existant (around here) flower and hold still!! LOL Have fun ttonight!

Anvilcloud said...

You don't need to memorize settings or write them down because your camera records them. You should be able to click something or other in Canon's software that will tell you shutter speed, aperture etc. it's called EXIF (or something like that -- the file that is produced along with your photo). Even if you have trouble finding it in the software, there should be a way to look at info (in the camera) when you are viewing a photo that you have taken.

Donna said...

Anvilcloud- You want me to work for it!!! LOL Jeez, there's so many buttons and knobs and dials to turn...But I promise to start paying closer attention to my work!! I REALLY would like to catch something "unaware" of my presence...What's that saying?? Walk softly and carry a big stick?? LOL Thanks for the advice. I'll scoot over to the program and start playing! Still snowing? Stay warm...

Brenda said...

I still don't know all the things my camera will do (hangs head in shame) so I just keep plodding onward and every so often I take a photo that turns out like I planned it (accidently) :-)

Your's are looking most excellent!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I know nothing about cameras, zoom, etc. I also know nothing about Vista. You are so far ahead of me. I want a new computer badly but all are coming with Vista. I have read about and spoken with some puter nerds.Scares the beejabbers out of me.
Blondie

Laura said...

I have had a ton of problems with Vista working with my appraisal software. I finally found a techie at the store I purchase my software from who talked me through the whole setup. I don't like the extra step of having to run my software as administrator, but, at least it works.

Donna said...

Brenda- All you can do is, keep practicing! lol Just Grab your subject..make 'em be still, then shoot! LOL Have fun today!!


Blondie- Vista IS a really good operating system. A lot of people listen too much to the "nay sayers" or to people who don't want to spend the time getting to know the new product. Go to an office supply, find a demo computer that's displaying Vista, grab a Knowledgeable floor tech, and start playing! You fear what you don't know...hugs to you!


Laura- There are some programs I found, I couldn't run also! There's a floor tech at our Office Depot though, that is Really into Vista. I found him yesterday and I can assure you, I'll be pestering him bunches! LOL Have a sweet day love!

Crystal said...

good shots mom!

Brenda said...

Have you tried your macro mode yet? That's way fun!

Donna said...

Crys- Thank you my little love!


Brenda- Not yet...You Have?

Brenda said...

I use mine a lot when taking photos of insects, close-ups of flowers, etc,,,didja see my photo of the bitterweed on eyefetch?

Donna said...

Brenda- I Did go over there and join! I also saw your pics..I need to go back over there!! LOL
Forgot all about it!!