Saturday, January 26, 2008

Do Nothing Saturday with Joe Black


If you haven't seen, Meet Joe Black, you should. It's a powerful movie as well as a remake of Death Takes a Holiday. This one though, really grabs you...you laugh, cry and by the time it's over...you understand and feel content. The music is beautiful. I put the song, That Next Place, on my music box if you want to listen to it. Just click on the song, by James Newman. We are all learning on this big old planet.
Well on a different note, Hubby and I got up and went to town. Food at the HEB (I stayed in the truck drinking the Starbucks Mocha Latte he bought me and reading Divine Encounters by Zecharia Sitchin)(It's been a spiritual day for me today) then onward to the bookstore for Whole Grain Breads by Peter Remhart, for Hubby. It's been peaceful. The temp has warmed up to the 60's and so far...all is well in my world...I'm grateful and content.
Well, guess I'll go grab a good book again. Here's wishing you all good health, warm winds and lots of happiness.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great day to me! It's cloudy and cold here today (I believe the temps made it up to 35 once). Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Donna said...

Thanks Sweetie...I'm Sorry about the cold...am sending lots of warm winds your way!!! Close your eyes...

Annie Jones said...

Shane and I both love this movie. But I won't watch him cross the street. Seeing that scene once was more than enough for me.

Anvilcloud said...

I only have a very vague recollection of it, but I think I liked it.

Helena said...

I listened to the "Next Place", Very beautiful music. When I feel under preasure at work, and I know I have to get done by a certain time, I listen to Classic music, or Gospel, and I truley amaze my self with the speed and calmity. You have a very nice blog here. Thanks for stopping by mine, by way of Jenn's. Have a great weekend!Helena

jenn said...

Good evening! It's late, but I just stopped in to see how your day was. Glad to hear all was peaceful. Hope your sunday goes just as well!!!

Donna said...

Annie- Know what you mean, but without that "he" couldn't come back to her...Hope you're all safe and happy today!!


Anvilcloud- It was really good...but when the musicial score is as beautiful as that one is, I'm hooked!lol Stay warm today!!


Helena- Thanks so much! And I to, love beautiful music...stop in anytime!


Jenn- Thanks for checking on me! Hope you got some rest last night Sugar! Have fun today!!

Unknown said...

I love this movie and it's one of those that I can watch over and over again. You are so right about the music, it's so pretty. I tried to get it for my ipod but couldn't find it on itunes. 60's huh? Now you know I am so jealous. I think we are warming up soon. Have a good week.

Dixie Belle said...

I loved Meet Joe Black. I thought it was so good. I have it on VHS.
I also have the soundtrack.

Donna said...

Joan- If you try to find it by typing in Meet Joe Black...you won't. I don't know why...Type in James Newman instead. He wrote it. That's the only way I was able to locate it. And it's going to be 70 today and 73 tomorrow...<3
...drizzly though...hugs to you!


Dixie Belle- I also have the movie And the soundtrack...LOVE IT!! I really don't think the movie industry did enough promotion for it. It Was a good movie! Love to you!!