Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dinner? Depends on Who's Cooking!


This was what we had for dinner. It was great. Pork, beef and cheese sausage. Hubby is so masterful when at the grill...He had an estimate in a tiny town just south of us, about a thirty minute drive. If you keep going for another ten minutes, on that same road, you'll run into a meat market named Green's Sausage House. The town is Zabcikville. Wonderful food, kolaches, (it's a German town after all) and any kind of meat you want. SO, Hubby went the extra several miles and delighted me, to no end. Sweet Hubby. Good Hubby. All right, I hear more groaning and heads falling backward out there!! 'Ya gotta keep the wheel greased people! You youngsters out there pay attention! Want your man to do for you? Grease that wheel!
Well, I guess that is about it for today. Here's some more useless info for you. 'Yall have a great evening!
The straw was developed by Egyptian brewers to taste beer without removing the fermenting ingredients that floated on the top of the container.

(The Ultimate Book of Useless Information by Noel Botham & The Useless Information Society)

11 comments:

Phyllis said...

Dang, that sausage looks delish!!
I can smell it from here!
Thanks for stopping by and for your prayers.
I never knew that about straw....makes sense to me.

Unknown said...

Donna,
Thank you for stopping by and posting on my blog. It means a lot.

Jules said...

Wow - thank you sooo much for your comment!! You are so true and obviously very astute to have worked me out so quickly. yes it is all self-driven and like other things in my life I have to do the best possible and if it isn't perfect than I freek out.

Sooo I have decided (thanks to you and my other dear blogging friends) that I will try my best and that's all I can do. If I can't visit or blog everyday well it's not the end of the world!!

Now I must stand in the mirror and practise that!!!

I agree with your wonderful post - if your husband has cooked dinner no matter what it is be grateful and encourage him to do it more often!!!!

Cheers and thanks again!!!!

Donna said...

Phyllis- It WAS. Wrap it in a soft slice of bread...can't get much better!

Nathalie- No problem girl! I love to visit your site. Have a great day!

Jules- "By jove, I think she's got it!" lol lol Now, all of us in blogland are happy! We STILL get to visit tropical places, have adventures and dream the dream of enchantment...and you get to turn loose of all that pressure! Sounds like a win-win situation to me! I'll be visiting often sweetie and in the meantime, have fun!!

Brenda said...

Looks mighty fine to me! Grilled sausages is a favorite of mine and a hubby who grills is another favorite!

Donna said...

Brenda- Husbands who grill are a necessity! lol And the sausage was pretty good to!!

Anonymous said...

I love sausages, especially German made! Yum!

As for invention of the straw--who says that little tidbit is useless information; every thing has a history and the origin of something is a value in itself. d:)

Donna said...

Debra- Useless Information is just what the book is called. I love these tidbits of history. There's so many little things to learn! When you learn the little things, you're on your way to understanding the big things. Have a great evening!!

Annie Jones said...

I love sausage. That stuff your hubby brought home looks wonderful. It wouldn't last long around here.

Donna said...

Annie- It never last long here either! lol Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

"When you learn the little things, you're on your way to understanding the big things. "

So true! d:)