Friday, November 23, 2007

'Tis The Season


Well look at that! Finally, 'tis the season! I love this time of year but it always seems to go by too fast to suit me. I suppose that's why I like to get started early. If I had my way, I'd have put the tree up early November...but...Hubby probably would have gone on strike. No cooking. Period. SO, I waited. Now the other trick is to make sure I get my shopping done by December 1st! That means by this week. I'll do it...geez...
Not quite satisfied with the tree though. Needs something. Bows? I sometimes put them on but I'm not sure if that's the answer. Oh well, I'll figure that out to. How about y'all? Waiting or putting the tree up now. Guess I'll go get busy. Hubby is smoking our turkey right now so I need to do the salad and add the finishing touches to the meal. Have a fun day and I'll talk at 'cha later.

5 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I love your tree, and I especially love those built-in bookcases!

We'll probably be putting our trees up this weekend. Kat has a small tree of her own and we have a big tree, too. I'll probably post pics sometimes.

(If you get the chance, could you email me. The addy is in my profile.)

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Hey gal,
Thanksgiving was good for us; I had to go back and WORK in the salon today - blech! But I am home and it is 4 pm. Not bad. I am tired, since I started my first one at 7:30 this morning. That's the only thing I hate about Holidays - having to juggle everything around my nutsy work schedule. Oh well.
Check you later!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

PS!!!! LOVE YOUR Holiday Window Dressing here! I don't know HOW to do that!
Blondie

Donna said...

Annie- Thanks! When we did the remodel, I told the carpenter that I wanted the bookcases that high. I love books and read all the time. We think it worked out well.
(Sent you an email!)


Blondie- You had to WORK? (falling back in my chair, feeling faint!!) lol Geez girl! Do you ever get to rest?
Thanks for the comment on the blog! I use the new HTML toy that is in our "add an element" page. Trust me, I could NOT have reasoned it out on my own! CODE....ugh!!! lol What I can't figure out is, how to write things between pictures! Everytime I try, it ends up all over the place.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

thanks kiddo! will be checking that out!