Monday, November 5, 2007

Getting it Done?


Well, I'm slowly getting it done. Present by present. And I'm getting them wrapped! They'll go into storage until Thanksgiving is over and the tree goes up. I've even started working on the Christmas cards. I can't believe I, so many times, leave this till the last minute! Bad girl! This way, I'll have a chance to enjoy the holidays along with everyone else.

You would never know it was November though. 85degrees here today. At least I can get more done, shopping wise, when the weather is good, so I'll stop griping about it.

Didn't really do very much this last weekend. Hubby didn't put in any more windows because we thought it would rain...it didn't. Guess I'll get busy and get a little more work done. Y'all have a great evening and a better tomorrow.

More useless info: Virginia O'Hanlon Douglas was the eight-year-old girl who, in 1897, asked the staff of The New York Sun whether Santa Claus existed. In the now famous editorial, Francis Church assured Virginia that yes, indeed, "there is a Santa Claus."

11 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Oh My Goodness! You are so many MILES ahead of me. I have bunches bought and made but they are in the back room with the door closed. As with everything at my house, looks like a bomb went off in there. Good grief, gimme some of your smarts and energy!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting it done slowly. Today, I bought my daughter one of those massager things that fit in a chair. It was in a suitcase type box with a handle. I went beboppin' out to the car, got there and the durned thing got stuck between my rear tire and the car next to mine. I cracked my shins, nearly fell over, and had a heck of a time getting it loose! hahaha

Hope you had a good day.

Donna said...

Blondie- It's not energy I'm working on...it's memory! I'm sick and tired of not having things done then at the last minute, saying, "Gads, why did I leave this till now, my neck hurts, my back hurts...next year I'm gonna do things differently."...Sounds like you're the smart one...just grab everybody, throw 'em in the room, and tell 'em to "have-at-it!" lol lol


Sally- Now there's dedication for you! lol lol Hubby bought me one of those last year for Christmas and I love it! I was telling Blondie how much I would whine about my back and neck hurting from having to wrap all those presents. Now all I have to do is go sit in "my chair." Everyone around here knows what that means! Have a great one!

Faery said...

Christmas again? so soon? oh my Gosh I have to do so many things that i don't know where to start... and yes there is a Santa. I am a believer

Donna said...

Faery- Thanks for checking in! I also am a Big believer in Santa. He brings happiness and love and I'm ALL for that! Have a fun day!

Mary Lou said...

EGADS! Is it time for CHRISTMAS already? SIgh!! MAybe I will pull the covers over my head and pretend it doesnt exist!

Donna said...

Hi Miss Mary Lou! You better not hide under those covers girl! Remember, those cat butts are never far away....(I don't think I'll EVER forget that post!) lol

Annie Jones said...

You're a better woman than me. I have the shopping done, except for one gift card for our babysitter, but I just know I'll put off the wrapping until the last minute.

I'm the reason they started making gift bags! LOL

Donna said...

Annie- Geez...You're finished shopping?? Good girl! I'm really going to try and meet my self imposed deadline of Dec 1st...We'll see if I make it!

Brenda said...

I'm usually at least half way through with shopping by now but this year I just can't get into it, hanging head in shame.

Donna said...

Brenda- Lift up thine head girl! You can do it!!! lol lol