Monday, November 26, 2007

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


I have endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me. May it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay it.
Their faithful Friend and Servant,C. D.December, 1843.
A wonderful story. I've read the book more times than I can count. The earlier movies, 1938 version starring Reginald Owen is probably my favorite. Sounds like another movie marathon is in the wings.
Hope you all survived Thanksgiving! It was pretty busy around here. We got all the visits in and all the food eaten. Now I'm just trying to get re-organized as far as what to do or buy next. I'll get the Christmas bird in the next couple of weeks, but the dry stuff, I'll get this week. I'm NOT going to wait till the last minute again. That was a shopping nightmare.
Well, y'all have a wonderful day and I'll see you again tomorrow.

10 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Just stopped by your blog, and it was a wonderful suprise, so interesting, and pretty, and I loved it. Thankyou xx

Sandra Evertson said...

Great post!
Happy Holidays!
Sandra Evertson

Donna said...

Sea Angels- Thanks for stopping in! Like your site as well. SO many pretty things!! Come again!



Sandra- Loved the Doll!!! Such a sweet story and fond memories there! Stop in again!

Brenda said...

Dickens had a way of making you forget how warm and cozy you were, his words made you feel as though you were on one of those snowy streets back then.

I'm trying to get motivated to get into the Christmas spirit, it ain't happening here yet.

Donna said...

Brenda- I know that old Christmas spirit is burning bright within you!!! Let it fly, girl!! Have some fun! You can do it! It starts with a smile...I'm sending you one of mine! ;}

Faery said...

Donna I love your virtual pet I gave Cedric 5 steaks it is so friendly a cute I love wolves. For my pet I chose a cat to honor my cat Chimire.Thanks

Donna said...

Faery- Hi Girl! What's baking? lol
Found my pet over on Blondies site. Don't you just love them?

Faery said...

yes they are lovely, it was difficult to deside I wanted them all.Donna this new header is as nice as the previous one.bye

Donna said...

faery- Thanks...But you know how it is when you've hunted just the right one and it disapears!!! Oh well..maybe later on today I go-a-hunting! You have a happy day!!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I posted to this the other day Donna and I don't see it here; I think the google blog banditos must be at work.
This is my Larry's most favorite of all Christmas movies. We have each and every version made and he never gets enough of it. I have decided I am going to give each person in my family a character attritube from this flick. It is timeless, far reaching and relevant. Now who would you be? Mr or Mrs Cratchett? Or perhaps Tiny Tim or one of his sibs?