Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Beowulf...Fact or Fun?

November 16th, here in the States, Beowulf premiers. Looks like it's going to be a pretty good action/fantasy/adventure movie. We really like this kind of fluffy stuff. Just two hours of action, mind numbing-we-don't-have-to-think stuff. Nice. Yes, I understand Beowulf is based in...Fact? or Fiction? or History? I like to believe it's historical. A true Saxon story, handed down through the ages. Who knows for sure.

Pirates of the Caribbean was fiction based on fact. How fun...Captain Jack wasn't bad to look at either....What??.......

ANYWAY......What's your favorite film genre? With Christmas approaching, who's going to pop The Christmas Carol in to the DVD player? Or Miracle on 34th Street? I try to watch them all. So, since you now realise, I have absolutely nothing to talk about today....I will let you go do something really productive...like...dig around in your movie box and locate all those old movies. Get busy!

8 comments:

10% said...

Thanks for the kind words on my blog. To answer your question, I think Beowulf is mostly exageration, with a smidge of truth. It seems like a new version comes out every year in either book or movie form. Michael Crichton did it with his book (later a movie with Antonio Banderas) Eaters of the Dead.

Jules said...

Hi Loyal Blogging Friend
Great to read your comments and great to catch up with your blog. i plan to save it into My Documents and read it later over a cuppa' - I always enjoy it so much!!!
Not well today so will go into work for a couple of hours and come home. Will post a quick photo and then go to bed me thinks - after I read your page of course!!!!
Cheers

Donna said...

10%- No problem. I know how you feel. It's tuff... Stop by again, you'll be so bored, sleep will come really easy!


Miz Jules- Hey Sweet! Hope all is going well for you. Not feeling well? I'm sending special "healing" thoughts to you right now.....No...it's not Johnny Depp...Although...lol
GET WELL...that's an order.

Anonymous said...

Now, I thought we had this settled Ms. Donna. Christmas is NOT approaching; we have Thanksgiving first! Remember? :)

Movie genre's for me = mushy, lovely dovey, or Steel Magnolia kind of stuff.

Have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing Beowulf as well.
When it comes to Christmas, I always watch Bing Crosby's "White Christmas". I love the signing and dancing and the love story is good too. My family likes Christmas Story, about the Red Ryder BeeBee gun. We live in the country and like guns. LOL so action movies are a favorite.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Miss Sally! You caught me! It's true! It's ME that sets out the burbon...I mean milk and cookies on Christmas Eve! I promise...to talk only about Thanksgiving...for the next 8 days.lol lol (PS-please do Not read my comment to MyStarBucks)

MyStarBucks- I LOVE White Christmas! I love hot chocolate, Santa Claus, Rudolph...elves...well you understand...I do not repent...Come by anytime. Of Course, for the next 8 days I must only talk about Thanksgiving...I will...really. lol lol

Brenda said...

We watch any and all of the animated movies here. Over and over and over again. :-)

Donna said...

Brenda- LOL, boy do I know it!!!!