Saturday, November 10, 2007

They're Getting Ready !

Went grocery shopping after I visited with the "Girls" at the bookstore. Horrible experience when you're shopping as late as 11:00am on a Saturday! Pushing, carts blocking your way, rude people who give you the "eye" or the "look" if you don't move fast enough! Not one person bothered to say excuse me, or "I'm sorry I just ran over your foot, lady!" I always get my shopping done around 7 or 8:00am on Saturdays. Boneheads are ALWAYS still laying up in the bed, snoozing at that hour. Oh well, I made it out of there without loosing my cool....yes I did...but not before I thought I was hearing Angels singing...Geez, I thought I'd made it off aisle 4 without killing myself....no, the sound seems to be coming from Produce....yes,,,there they are. Children singing Christmas carols...I just wanted to do Thanksgiving first. Yes, the singing is beautiful but why can't they be singing Thanksgiving songs? You know, like, Purple People Eater or American Pie or No Where to Run or Harper Valley PTA??? Those sound like really appropriate Thanksgiving songs to sing in the grocery store!! Oh well, I'm now home safe and sound. Gotta go get a cuppa coffee and sit here for awhile, and figure out a way to get, "Jingle Bells" out of my head. Gonna be a long night! Y'all have a better tomorrow.
PS- 5:20 Hubby outdid himself with the Cornish hens...Glazed with honey and apricot jam and smoked. Mashed potatoes with sauteed onions and veggies. Made the trip to the store, worth it....'Night.

10 comments:

Annie Jones said...

Nice looking meal! Like you, I don't like shopping mid-day on Saturdays. It's crazy!

Mary Lou said...

I ventured into HELL-MART today. I only go in there for yarn, it is the only place in town that sells it. I HATE going in there. Seems like that store draws the dregs of society. ANd they all block MY aisle!

FOr the record, Yep Calgary is over the Rockies, which are very icy and over the Cascades which are very snowy this time of year. It is about 1100 miles I think. but the roads are all windy and steep until you get into the prairie. Good thing too, I don't need another kitten.

Donna said...

Annie- I wouldn't have ventured out that late either...gotta have milk & bread! Sweet dreams...

Mary Lou- I'll 2nd that about hell-mart! You have to have one really serious motive to go there!! And I guess you've made the right decision about Mr Puss&Boots..too bad though, he really is a pretty kitty...night sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

YUM - the cornish hen looks delish alright! I never think to buy them, though. Yeah, they kind of put Christmas in our faces a little too early to suit me. You're right, but ummm Purple People Eater a Thanksgiving song? I never knew that. :)

Donna said...

Sally- Well you are in a grocery store after all! lol What songs would you like to hear while shopping during Thanksgiving? Any come to mind?

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

The corish hens look wonderful! xoxo nita

Anonymous said...

Oh, I see! Okay then, how about ragtime music and people dancing the Turkey Trot! hahaha

Donna said...

Nita- They were Good to! Made shopping for them well worth it!


Sally- That's the spirit! See what I mean? You would literally dance up those aisles!! lol lol

Brenda said...

Mmm, I bet those cornish hens were tasty! The squash looks mighty fine too.

I have reason to believe that the employees in our Wal-Mart have a poster of me that they throw darts at. Our Wal-Mart is EVIL!

Donna said...

Brenda- They were good! Hubby really should have been a chef. Wal-Mart? That's always an experience! Have a great day!