Wednesday, November 7, 2007

When Did This Happen?


Johnny Rivers turned 65 today... Good grief. How in the world did that happen? Thought I was looking, but apparently, not close enough. Those years have just flown by! I remember convertibles, football games, letter jackets and ten pound class rings. I never was found on "lovers lane" but I heard that a few people were...found that is...sorry, I can't name names. ANYway, he's a great listen, if you're so inclined. Happy birthday big guy...it was once in a lifetime. Night all!
"I patterned my look after Cinderella, Mother Goose and the local hooker." Dolly Parton
(The Ultimate Book of Useless Info by N. Botham & The Useless Info Society)

7 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Thanks Donna, what a blast from the past. Remember those Whiskey A Go-Go albums? I am going to be posting a few more killer recipes soon; one in particular I think you will LOVE!
Blondie

Annie Jones said...

His music was just a little before my time, although my older sisters listened to him quite a bit, therefore I did too.

Anonymous said...

65 huh? That's young! hehehe

I was never found on the lane either, doesn't mean I was never there! :)

Have a GREAT day!!

Donna said...

Blondie- Bring it on girl!! I'm not strong..I admit it..I WANT COOKIE!! lol lol


Annie- You're never too young to listen to good old Johnny! He's ageless. Have a good one!

Sally- Alright girlfriend..do I sense a story there? lol Never mind..If it happened in Vegas, it'll stay in Vegas..you're safe!

Have fun today girls!

Anonymous said...

His music was still being played when I was a young girl. "Secret Agent Man" was all I ever heard 'though. d:

Brenda said...

I can remember my uncle playing and singing his music. He sounded just like him to me.

Now I've got his Memphis, TN song running through my head. :-)

Donna said...

Debra- I'm with Brenda...can't get Secret Agent Man out of my head!!lollol

Brenda- Every time I see his face It's Secret Agent Man for me!!lollol

Y'all have a fun day!