Friday, December 9, 2016

December 9....


I get a text from Larry, asking me to stop by City Hall and pick up a Blue Santa Ornament from the Christmas tree that sits in the front entry room.  I don't know how long the tree has been there...probably since December 1st.  There were still too many ornaments on that tree!  People need to get busy here if we have to have them turned in by the 19th!  We have 17 families and 63 children who are in need this year here in Robinson.  That's an average of 3.71 kids per family...sad.
Oh well, I'll be checking back on that tree!
We will be shopping this weekend for a baby doll, remote car and clothes.  Think we can handle that!
Is there something like this in your town?  

7 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Went shopping yesterday for gift like this. Probably spent as much as for my own family, but it really is what the season is about.

peggy said...

there are lots of people in need here also and lots of other people are doing different things to help but I think yours is a very good idea, that way you know specifically what to buy. Just visiting you today from Ann's.

Ann said...

I think they did something like this through the school last year. I don't know if they're doing it this year or not

Debbie said...

yes!! they do this in my town and i am all done and i have dropped my gifts off. i took 2!!!

Jenny said...

I don't know because I don't get out much but you'll have a good time shopping for those cute things. I was pleased when Audrey announced her intention to take Dagny and some baked goods to a local old-folks home to bring some holiday cheer. She wants her to know it's not all about getting things for yourself. I know Dagny can cheer up just about anyone so I think it's a good plan. xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

OT but... I tried to leave a (Happy!) comment on your "American Pie" blog. But it came back, as "undeliverable . :-( Just telling you.

A side note... :-) The "American Pie" song was written by Don, in "The Tin And Lint," a bar here in my city.

Lots of gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

Sandy Trefger said...

Bless you for adopting three! Looks like fun things to shop for!!